Sunday, April 13, 2008

The cute lil’ attention seeker

I got an opportunity to spend some time with one of my manager’s 3 months old kid (Anishk) and it was jus’ awesome. There was a get together at my manager’s place yesterday and after a round of snacks, chit-chatting and cracking some jokes, we thought of watching a movie. All these times, one or the other of my colleagues was constantly holding the baby in their arms or just playing with him. Once the movie started, though it was not a good movie, no one was paying attention to Anishk now. He was kept on his comforter on the floor and I was sitting next to where he was lying down. Once the movie started, he was quiet for10-15 minutes, but then he understood that no one is paying attention to him, but to something else, he started becoming cranky. I was sitting on one side and his mom was sitting on the other. When he started getting cranky, we played with him for some 5 minutes. Once he calmed down, our eyes were glued to the TV again.

But I was watching him secretly, what he was doing. He was quiet again for 10-15 minutes, got cranky again. We played with him and he calmed down. This happened quite a number of times and this made me think. It struck me then that we strive so hard to get attention right from the moment we are born and that strive never ends through out. As a kid we used to cry to seek attention and as we grow we employ various means both good and bad to seek attention. But the ultimate goal is one - SEEK ATTENTION…..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mokka prashanthi nee...

Pris said...

Hey Prash..
Although I started reading ur blog thinking what you were trying to say, at the end of it, it all made sense.. is very true about life.. its funny how such a silly thing as you watching that baby gave you such a deep thought.. :)
Good going Prash!!

P.S: Khaleel, Prash mokkaya potaalum pointoda potanga.. appreciate that dude! ;)