Friday, June 18, 2010

Is it?? Really??

It all started on a snowy November morning when I was in Minneapolis. I got a call from an unknown number and on attending the call, I got to know that it was Him. We talked about very generic stuffs and got to know each other little bit (I would say, less than what the people in my apartment office would know about me :-)). We did a couple of video chats and few more phone calls (I got to know more about His parents than Him during these video chats and phone calls :-)). Me and my mom-in-law (she had not become my MIL then) used to yap a lot about fashion, movies, news, food, recipes and what not :-). And between us (me and HIM) it was pretty much a weather channel report :D (He’s going to kill me for this ...)

So, we decided we need to meet before deciding. I was working on a project which ate up like 18-19 hours per day of my time and He was equally (if not more) busy (Atleast that’s what he says :P). We decided on a weekend in December (Dec 13-14 2008) and there started I, packing my bag for the historical trip to Seattle. I was happier that I got a chance to meet my brothers (I was excited to meet Him as well ;-)) who were also flying to Seattle for the poN-parkum ceremony .Actually since I traveled, it would be more apt to call it a payyan-parkum ceremony.

I couldn’t sleep the night before the day of travel. If you think that We were chatting all those sweet-mushy-nothings over phone, you are 100% wrong… I was working on a critical issue in my project and my next day travel was also in Jeopardy. At one point I even thought whether I should cancel/postpone my trip (Thank God that I didn’t :-)). So, I reached Seattle, caught up with all the family gossips and everything with my brothers. The next day was the historically important meeting. We talked for sometime. Hearbeat racing…. Butterflies fluttering in my stomach… Nopes…. Nothing happened… But then there was something which was so compelling me to say “YES”… I still don’t know what that was/is, I even don’t want to know :-) and I’m happy that I listened to that!

The phone calls continued for another 6 months; as days went by, less of weather channel reports and more of non-stop nonsense (No points for guessing that there :-)). So, after a courtship period of 6 months, I flew to India for the D-Day. In fairy tales, I’ve read that the prince will cross 7 mountains and 7 oceans to marry the princess. But in reality, the princess needed to do the same as well.. (Ahem, the princess mentioned here is me… Hello... This is my blog. Don’t I have the freedom to call myself a princess in my blog?? :P)

The D-day (06/18/2009) dawned… the D-moment occurred… there was I, standing as a married girl, His wife. Life has been going on nothing less than great since then and can’t believe it’s a year now.

To Him: Happy Anniversary, Honey!!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Has it been one year since we witnessed your marriage virtually?? is it..?? reallly??? hmm...time does run fast.
That live feed is still fresh in my minds.. expected a few thamizh penn vetkam but found nothing :D :D :D ... time to revisit your marriage video.. may be?? :)
Happy Anniversary and continue blogging

Unknown said...

Its already been a year Happy Anniversary yaar !! I remember the little shopping fun shopping we did together b4 your wedding .

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Prashanthi!!!!

Mekala Chandrasekaran said...

Happy anniversary Prashanthi, that was a lovely lil' fairytale ;)

Madhuri said...

Aww that was a sweet and honest tribute Prash, loved it!

Happy Anniversary to the both of you :)!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Prash.....
Keep writing :)!

Ujwala Khaire said...

Happy Anniversary, dear. Have a great life.

sathyaravi said...

im malarum ninaivugal!!!!! not only for u but also for us.. have a happy anniversary

Subbu said...

vaazthukkal prashanthi....

Unknown said...

Really good. Couldn't believe that an year has passed.Just recollect the days happenings as sweet memory.
Enjoy a great happy wedding anniversary.

meenakshi mohan said...

itz justlike listening to you in person press... we njoyd it....u r narrative in an inviting way... awaiting ur next...
with blessings

Unknown said...

Wow...Its realy great to hear...Happy Anniversary Day to both of you... blessing you with full of heart...Enjoy Prashanti...

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary !!! :)